A growing number of homeowners in the Laurentians and in Lanaudière are choosing geothermal energy to condition their buildings. This renewable energy source is an eco-friendly solution that will considerably reduce your energy costs. The process involves digging a well to harvest the energy stored in the earth’s crust, or more specifically, the water table, to condition the air to the desired temperature. If you have any questions, please contact one of our team members.
Using a rotary drill or percussion system, Les Puits Christian Monette has the ability to drill open- and closed-circuit geothermal wells.
• Open circuits – Two geothermal wells are created for this type of circuit: one to draw the water, and another to store wastewater.
• Closed circuits – These involve a pipe through which a mix of water and antifreeze circulate.
Geothermal energy provides a steady source of energy that adapts to varying weather conditions.
• Summer – When the weather is warm, the geothermal well extracts hot air from the home and sends it into the ground.
• Winter – When temperatures are lower, the geothermal well draws heat from the ground and transfers it inside the home.
The Benefits of Geothermal Energy
Geothermal energy is a free, renewable, and completely natural source of energy.
• A geothermal system can allow you to save up to 70% on your heating and air conditioning bills.
• Geothermal energy grants are available.